Pulp & Press Contest Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN.
The Pulp & Press (the “Contest Sponsor”) Giveaway contest (the “Contest”) begins on April 12, 2023 at 8:00 a.m. ET and ends on December 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
Eligible entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Legal residents of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec).
- Aged 18 or older as of the date of entry. If the entrant is under the age of majority in their eligible province, territory, or state of residence, they must provide the name and contact information of their legal parent or guardian in order to maintain eligibility.
- Hold a valid email address on the Draw Date.
- If selected as a potential winner, successfully answer a skill testing question.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
Agreement To Rules:
By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Pulp & Press as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
To enter the Contest, eligible entrants must do one of the following within the Contest Period:
- All qualifying entries made during the Contest Period are to receive 1 entry per submission. A qualifying entry is defined as a submission of at least 1 photo or video with content rights granted to Pulp & Press to use for marketing purposes. If the entrant does not grant Pulp & Press the rights to use content, the entry does not qualify for the Contest.
- Mail-in: Entrants can enter the contest by providing all information requested, including the name and contact of a legal parent or guardian (where applicable), social media account information, email address, and mailing address to 295 Waterloo St, London, ON N6B 2N5. Only one (1) entry can be acquired through the mail-in option. If it is discovered that an individual has attempted to enter via mail-in more than twice, whether using falsified information, fraudulent conduct, or other means, all of the individual’s entries will be void. Entries are unlimited through the purchase option, however, if you cancel/refund your order, your entry is automatically disqualified.
- Optional Bonus Entry: Entrants can choose to participate in qualifying for one (1) bonus entry by posting their photo or video on their social feed or story, tagging Pulp & Press, and sending Pulp & Press a screenshot of the post.
There will be a total of at least nine (9) digital Pulp & Press gift card prizes to be won:
- Monthly Draw - $50 Digital Pulp & Press Gift Card (x9) - occurring on the 5th business day of the month, respectively.
- Automatic Prizes- $100 (Quantity depends on eligible entries) - occurring on the 5th of each month during the contest period. If Pulp & Press selects an entrant's content to use in marketing campaigns, the entrant will automatically receive a $100 Pulp & Press digital gift card.
No other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Pulp & Press’ discretion. The Prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of the Prize or transfer/assignment of the Prize to others by the Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Pulp & Press to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All digital Pulp & Press Gift Cards expire after two (2) years of activation date.
The potential monthly Contest winners will be chosen by random draw from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries to the Contest. The eligible automatic prize allocation is to be held on the 5th of each month during Contest period - the “Draw Date.” Nine (9) eligible entrants will be randomly selected as the potential winner of the Monthly Prize outlined above. The Monthly prize draws will be held on:
- May 5, 2023
- June 5, 2023
- July 5, 2023
- August 5, 2023
- September 5, 2023
- October 5, 2023
- November 5, 2023
- December 5, 2023
- January 5, 2024
The potential winner will be contacted by the Contest Sponsor through email. The potential winner must respond to the Contest Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours to maintain their eligibility. If the potential winner does not reply to claim the Prize within forty-eight (48) hours of notification, another eligible entry may be selected, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, and the first potential winner will have no further claim to the Prize.
An additional requirement for a potential winner to claim their prize is to answer a skill-testing question. The contestant must answer the skill-testing question correctly in order to qualify as a winner.
The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Pulp & Press.
Terms and Conditions:
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Pulp & Press reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest Terms & Conditions at any time without notice. Pulp & Press reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Pulp & Press control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Pulp & Press may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Pulp & Press. Pulp & Press reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Pulp & Press has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entires for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different accounts; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Pulp & Press reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitation of Liability:
By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Pulp & Press and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or their acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND ONTARIO LAW. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Pulp & Press having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
Contest Sponsor Contact:Pulp & Press