At the Pulp & Press Juice Co. we're always thinking of ways to reduce waste and be more eco-friendly. If you're new to juicing, you might be shocked at the amount of pulp that is leftover, and unsure about what to do with it. No longer will you have to wonder, because we've put together this list of creative ways to re-use juicer pulp!
- 1. Use The Pulp To Make A Delicious Bread Loaf Add in apple and carrot pulp into your favorite banana bread recipe for a sweet, healthy treat!
- 2. Make Your Own Homemade Fruit Leather For those with extreme levels of patience, and an abundance of free time, repurposing your juicer pulp to make your own healthy homemade fruit leather is a great snacking choice for the whole family!
- 3. Mix It Into A Cream Cheese Spread Mixing some fresh vegetable pulp into your favorite plain cream cheese will instantly provide you with a delicious, homemade vegetable cream cheese blend! For those of you with a bit of a sweet tooth looking for a sweeter spread, mix in some fruit pulp to create your own creamy berry creation!
- 4. Add It To Homemade Soups & Sauces Warm homemade soup is like a cozy hug on a cold day. Enrich your soups by adding some fresh veggie pulp and create a thicker, more nutrient rich stock. Alternatively, you add pulp into all sorts of sauces, stews & curries.
- 5. Make Homemade Baby Food If you have a little one, repurposing your juicer pulp to make a delicious healthy baby food is a great idea to dispose of your fresh pulp! Simply add a bit of water to your juicer pulp and mix on a low speed in your blender to create an applesauce consistency. Your toddler will love the sweet taste, while benefiting from the nutrient packed pulp.
- 6. Enrich Your Compost Pile Adding juicer pulp to your compost pile provides valuable nutrients you can use to enrich your garden soils. This soil will help to produce healthy, high yielding plants.
- 7. Add To Salads Boost fiber and flavor by adding pulp to fresh salads!
- 8. Mix It With Water For Your Plants Feed your garden by mixing pulp and water in your watering can and sprinkling it around the soil.
- 9. Make Fruit Tea Simply boil your fruit pulp with water and add in extra spices like cinnamon & ginger. Cool & Strain!
- 10. Use in Homemade Veggie Burgers Mix in some veggie pulp with your favorite burger recipe (veggie or non-veggie).
- 11. Freeze it for Later If you don't have time to try out these ideas at the moment, simply freeze your juice pulp in ice cube trays for future use!
Reducing waste to repurpose this healthy juice byproduct is a great way to pack in more healthy goodness and provide you and yours with some fresh, healthy variety. So what are you waiting for? Move away from the garbage can and pick a fun, resourceful alternative for your pulp!